Our family party tonight was themed around a new, yet already adored ride at the Magic Kingdom, the Seven Dwarves Mine Train! The kids were easily able to guess what the theme was when they saw my simple decorations. I reused a stone “wall” as the tablecloth, plopped our lanterns from the living room down the middle and sprinkled a bunch of plastic gems all around. I also had a tin pail full of apple candles (from my fall decorations) in the center as a nod to Snow White.
I had made 14 little dwarves from Hershey’s kisses, so that each kiddo would have 7. All it took was different colors of felt, kisses, and googly eyes. I stuck the felt on the kisses with hot glue. The dwarves doubled as a game for later. I had stickers on the bottom where I wrote the trivia answers to 14 questions, one answer under each dwarf.
Our specialty drink tonight were root beer floats. Just rootbeer, ice cream and a straw.
My husband is so clever with Mickey Monday dinners! Tonight, he had created and printed a whole menu, and it involved all tiny foods, seven of each!
Here is the menu itself:
Not only was the food adorable, but it was downright delicious! Dessert was equally fun!
As we eat, my little boy always asks, “Is this it for Mickey Monday?” He wants to make sure there will be some fun to look forward to after dinner. Here are the games we played:
Wishing Well Coin Toss Game. In the Snow White movie, the princess sings her famous “I’m Wishing” song into the well. We used the centerpiece silver bucket and the kids took turns trying to toss paper apples into the well. We could have used pennies….
Dopey’s Memory/Trivia: Need seven dwarves made of Hershey’s kisses with answers to Snow White trivia on the bottom. Also need questions. Ask a question. The kiddo whose turn it is gets to look underneath one kissable dwarf to see if they have the right answer. If they get it right, they get to keep the dwarf.
Here are the questions I used:
• What scene is shown as the movie starts? (Ornate book opening)
• The villain in Snow White? The Evil Queen
• How does Snow White get to the Dwarves Cottage? The forest animals lead her there
• What is Snow White doing when the dwarves find her? Sleeping in their beds
• Who do the dwarves send to chase the monster down? Dopey
• Who is reluctant to let Snow White stay? Grumpy
• What is Snow White making for dinner the first night? Soup
• What did the Huntsman bring to the Evil Queen, telling her it was Snow White’s heart? A pig’s heart
• What song do the dwarves sing to entertain Snow White? A Silly Song
• What is the real name of the cure of the Sleeping Death, the poison hidden in the apple? Love’s first kiss
• What does Grumpy warn Snow White as he leaves for the mine? Don’t let any strangers come into the house
• When the witch gives Snow White the apple, who is the first to attack her? The animals
• What does the witch call the poisoned apple? A wishing apple
• A song that Snow White sings: A smile and a song
We played a few cute games my little boy made up, too. As well as Pass the Poison Apple. (Hot potato)
Then we played the last game I had planned: Mining for treasure: gems aka glowing bracelet hunt in the dark game room. I put Christmas lights up so it wasn’t at all scary!
It never matters if I have a headache all day long, when the kids come into the room and see the decorations and get excited about the little things, it makes my week. Everyone should have Mickey Mondays! It’s my favorite day of the week!